LF: Re: O copy of RN6BN

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: O copy of RN6BN
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 01:57:10 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Dear LF Group,

Very good... looking at the map, this looks like it must be the new one-way
distance record. It is interesting that both UA0LE and RN6BN have put good
signals into ZL, but although the distance from western Europe to New
Zealand os not that much greater, no signals over that path seem to have
been copied, despite several attempts.

Thanks for the reports on my beacon signal - I transmitted from about 1650
to 1920z on 137 703.5Hz. At the same time, I could see RN6BN in between my
characters - Sam's signal started quite weak, but by 1800 had risen rapidly
by about 20 - 30dB and was audible here for about 30 minutes. After that,
the noise level rose rapidly too, but RN6BN remained at "O" copy on the
spectrogram.

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU