Re: LF: Re: 700pF

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: 700pF
From: jannsen <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 22:27:55 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Alan Melia schrieb:
Hi Uwe, I would not expect a non-resonant pole at 8m from the aerial
vertical section to make a lot of difference or produce much loss. If it
were resonant at 136khz it would be different. Our measurement at EI0CF were
similar and it was only necessary to detune one aerial  to remove the loss.
700pF seems a lot for a 17m pole ....I would have expected more like
85-90pF, but it depends on how you measured it. Lossy environment like trees
and wet brickwork is more of a problem. Are you just using a vertical
without any top capacity loading ??

Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]