LF: Re: UA-ZL QSO

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: UA-ZL QSO
From: "Vernall" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 13:04:40 +1200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi all,

Andrew ZL2BBJ and myself, the ZM2E operators, are confident to claim a 2 way
QSO with UATLE (UA0LE).  We got quite good results from UATLE within a few
hours of UATLE sunset, so we suspect they have better radiated power than
ZM2E.  As per the results of receiving the beacon on week nights,
propoagation generally lifted about "half way through the dark time".

Signals were so good during the last few hours before ZL sunrise that we
could actually copy by ear, and very clearly check with Argo on 3 second dot
length :-)  The QRSS30 received signal seemed to overload Argo set to 30
second dot length.

I'll make a more complete report in due course.  We need to check the
distance, but I understand it to be nominally 10311 km.

73, Bob ZL2CA