Re: LF: Re: Experiment

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Experiment
From: [email protected]
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 08:21:57 EST
Sender: [email protected]
In a message dated 3/17/04 6:10:17 PM Eastern Standard Time, [email protected] writes:

It all started so nice , and then there was QRSS .
 (snip)
I wrkd over 200 differend stations two years ago , and only a fw are left

I'm afraid I fail to see the connection here. Are you fellows seriously suggesting that QRSS somehow drove off the CW operators???

If you think about it seriously for a while, I believe you might come to the realization that much of the CW activity went away for lack of interest. Communicating on a difficult band, just for its own sake, is a challenge that loses its appeal for many people after a while, and they've gone back to HF; whereas, the digital interest (and activity) remains because it copes effectively with that kind of difficulty.

From what I read of activity levels on this reflector, there's certainly
nothing about the presence of QRSS or PSK or other modes at LF to prevent those who want CW QSOs from having them. The only thing I see preventing them is a shortage of other like-minded folks. Doing away with digital modes wouldn't change that.

John