LF: DDS VFO - BINGO !

To: "Rsgb_Lf_Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: DDS VFO - BINGO !
From: "G4WGT - Gary" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 22:01:50 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi to David, Laurence, Alan, Jim & anyone else who helped.

The DDS vfo was only producing 50 mV at its output pin & coupled with the
very changeable output as I tuned accross its range I decided to have a
close look at the DDS chip itself on the pcb, I used a second magnifying
glass under the illuminated magnifying bench lamp & I did not see any visual
problems with the way the chip was mounted & soldered.

So I got out the very fine tipped soldering iron & some very fine solder &
carefully went round the chip again. Powered up & BINGO it worked ok.

I am now seeing 200 mV or so from the DDS chip & 1.1V p-p output into 50R
load. Back to the shack & connected to the G0MRF Tx & what a wonderful sight
to see full output from the PA.

Thanks for all your help & advice chaps.

73

Gary - G4WGT.