Re: LF: 3B9C

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 3B9C
From: [email protected]
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 02:52:31 EST
Sender: <[email protected]>
In a message dated 2/21/04 4:07:04 PM GMT Standard Time, [email protected] writes:

Hi Dave...WHAT LF "SEASON" ....it is certainly not a Propagation "season",
summer Dx was better last year than during the autumn. Anyway conditions are
just starting to improve for the next 4 years or so !!
Enjoy the EME..I dont reckon you will work many in the TerrorHurts
frequencies.

Cheers de Alan G3NYK

Hi Alan.

As you say, the propagation season really isn't a 'season' anymore. I remember Jim telling us about his QSO with VO1NA last summer when we were at Rugby. But based on the comments of the team who went to D68 in 2001, the static level on top band was very high for over 75% of the trip. It's no coincidence that medium wave broadcasting is almost non existent near the equator.

Forgive me for wishing for some unusually high sunspot activity in March / April.  It would be nice to have some good propagation on 10 and 6m during our stay in 3B9.

73

David