Re: LF: Re. Timing GPS

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re. Timing GPS
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 12:24:20 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Laurie,

In QRS you can activate a synchronization function : click on "Setup", then on "Sync." You can synchronize the start of the transmission to 1 minute, 2 minutes, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 30 minutes or 1 hour.

Eg. : if you select 1 minute and you push on start at 11h12m13s QRS will wait until the next full minute (11h13m00s) to start. If you select 2 minutes QRS will wait until the next even minute, If you select 5 minutes QRS will wait until the next multiple of 5 minutes etc.

As the recent versions of QRS use the computer clock to calculate the keying synchronization should be maintained.
I did some rudimental testing on the Sync. function and it seemed OK.
I don't think that someone already tested it more intense, but feel free to test this function and let me know if it works and/or if it does what you need. In problems occur or you need another kind of synchronization I will (try to) solve it and release a new version of QRS.

73, Rik

PS : The spell checker insists on writing synchronization (with Z, not S). It looks odd to me, any native English who can confirm this ? (or is it one of these subtile differences between British and American English)