LF: Re: new here..little introduction

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: new here..little introduction
From: "Marek SQ5BPM" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:33:26 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Sofar I haven't seen any reports of interference caused by 136kHz
stations to consumers electronic devices.
Wonder how serious is the possibility of interfering in audio-equipement
in the neighbourhood??

Hi all,

The only interference we found in our club was with our remote HF antenna
switching equipment: LEDs connected to long, ca. 40m long cables going to
remote relays glow during the transmission. These are probably not fully
decoupled from RF, but this is not at all annoying, even better, this gives
a visual sign of the transmitted signal HI.

Additionally there is one rotor controller's "mouse" which is easy to get
interferred by LF as well as HF. It has it's cable unshielded and connected
straight to the uP inside the controller, so this is normal.

Apart of that there is no known interference in our club and it's
surrounding caused by LF at all. Which unfortunately cannot be said about
higher frequencies, which easily get into audio & TV equipment ca. 100-150m
around the club... 25W of average power ATV on 70cm makes visual "ghosts" on
other TV signals. 50W on 50MHz or 144MHz usually causes a total "blackout"
in our closest neighbours' TVs, don't ask what happens if we transmit using
a little more power. HF causes interference only above ca. 250W, most
problematic being the highest HF bands.

However 400W of input power on 136kHz makes zero interference.

===

I will try to be active on LF this weekend at last, starting on Friday. It
takes me more than an hour to prepare the TX and antenna plus QRSS QSOs are
time-consuming so I must be certain I have at least a few hours of spare
time, if I want to get active...

73! Marek SQ5BPM
SP5ZCC Scouts Radio Club