LF: Re: new here..little introduction

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: new here..little introduction
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 23:26:05 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Dick, welcome to the reflector. There are a number of stations in the UK
that use high power from fairly ordinary sized plots. Peter G3LDO has a long
garden but is not that far from neighbours, also Jim M0BMU, and not far away
Mike G3XDV.  Dave G3YMC has a very small plot and used a loop but only with
about 40W, local TV PSU interference has spoiled Dave's listening. Remote
quiet aerial sites are very useful but you might be surprised how good a
small loop can be in built up areas if you can get it away a little from the
house lines. The AOR 7030 is the RX I use and I have found it very stable,
and very reliable.
I look forward to hearing your signal (PA is a local to me on 136kHz !! )
Cheers de Alan G3NYK   IO02PB
[email protected]
http://www.alan.melia.btinternet.co.uk