LF: Re: T/A success for DF6NM

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: T/A success for DF6NM
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 16:33:00 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 03, 2004 11:36 AM
Subject: LF: T/A success for DF6NM

Dear Markus,

It seems you made it over the Atlantic. Congratulations!  And that with a miniMal power of 170 mW!
Dick
miniMAL is as good as maxiMAL when propagation condx are right. My transatlantic qso's were conducted using QRP a couple of hundred watts. I do have reserve power but seldom run it flat out.
I use my home built mosfet TX/PA max 1kw out which is very reliable although I have two DECCA power amps that would run about 2.4 kw out if strapped/matched to the antenna.
With my antenna system only a few watts are required to get to 1w erp out. I suppose I could try QRO into a wet match stick.
de Mal/G3KEV

Am I right that you are the second continental station after CT1DRP that crossed the Atlantic?

I wish you and all LFers a happy, healthy and peaceful 2004 with lots of LF activity.

73, Dick, PA0SE