Re: LF: 136kHz project cancelled

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 136kHz project cancelled
From: [email protected]
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 16:08:43 EST
Sender: <[email protected]>
In a message dated 1/22/04 8:00:11 PM GMT Standard Time, [email protected] writes:

To give you some examples from problems I ran into:

No suitable X-tals to build VXO 's or something with an divider, so I decided
to build an VFO on 1.37MHz followed by an 4017 to divide by 10.
VFO worked perfect but the 10-diveder just wouldn't work!!!!
I spend hours and hours to get it running, tried several different IC's
(I expected speed problems etc) all with no result.........
1.37MHz in ......NOTHING out................
It was a sinple circuit : pin 8,13,15 to ground, VCC on 16, 1.37MHz on pin 14,
and output at pin 12...... so stupid simple, that it really is amazing that things are
not working.

Sorry to hear of your problems.  Hope you'll decide to give it another try in time for the next LF season next September.

For  info:

My site has 2 crystals 8.000MHz and 8.274MHz.
It also has the design for 2 VXO's using a two gates in a 4011 chip and a simple mixer and buffer using the remaining two. All of which can be put together in less than an hour.

The 274kHz can be divided by 2 in a 4013 and then you can amplify with one 1 Euro FET for 25Watts or a set of four 5 Euro ones with a big PSU for 600 Watts.

There's always a solution somewhere out there and frequently the reward enjoyed is proportional to the effort made.

Good luck es hope to see you on the band next season.

73

David