LF: Re: G0MRF 300 w Tx

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: G0MRF 300 w Tx
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 14:29:14 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Gary a quick look at the circuit in the Handbook shows that the "Ext VFO"
input goes straight to the input of a cmos divider running from 12v Vdd so
you will need a signal in excess of about 9v p-p to drive it. Cmos
transitions are around the vdd/2 point, so you might try putting a pair of
highish value resistors (say 47k) to form a potential divider biassing the
divider and then apply the DDS through a cap. Dont leave it like this for
service as the divider stage will "oscillate" as it will have no noise
immumity. You really need an extra driver stage on your DDS to make it swing
+/- 12v.

Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]