LF: TA, CFH qrp?, QRSS

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: TA, CFH qrp?, QRSS
From: [email protected]
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 09:46:49 EST
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear LF group,

here are some reports on the "slow work":

TA
conditions have been rather favourable recently. Joe VO1NA was visible several mornings on his QRG 137777.07; today before 7:00 even "O" for about 20 minutes (~ -28dBµV/m). No trace from Eric or Laurence was ever received here - but that would have been a miracle anyhow.

CFH qrp?
I have been monitoring CFH levels most nights, the strongest peak I caught was +29dBµV/m on Dec 7th. But their levels are unusually weak now: During the night of Dec 11-12th, CFH disappeared at midnight UT. They reappeared half an hour later, but 5 Hz higher and about 10dB weaker than before. After a second interruption between 01:12 and 01:20, they came back on their original frequency pair (~136959/137039), but have stayed weak since. Can someone possibly confirm that they have actually reduced their radiated power?

PA0SE QRSS
On tonight's overnight scan, there was a line on ~135921 Hz which I attributed to Dick, though with 1-minute averaging I couldn't actually resolve the characters. It peaked ~9dBµV/m (RMS average of dashes and gaps) and ended at 7:50 UT. Browsing back through the captures, I incidentally found a very similar trace on Dec 9/10, 22:30 to 7:50, wandering a bit around 135970.

QRSS activity
Notes on signals logged around 137.7 today:

OK2BVG (+4) dfcw, seen for the first time
IK5ZPV  (+5 dBµV/m, with variable spurious sidebands a couple of Hz away)
DK7FC (+3) dfcw 4Hz shift
S57A (-4)
S52AB (-8)
I5TGC  (-2) chirped Hell