LF: Re: Schematic capture software

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Schematic capture software
From: "Hugh M0WYE" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 09:03:39 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi John,
I would suggest Circad by Holophase.
http://www.holophase.com/
It does both schematic capture, and PCB layout.

This is a professional package, but the downloadable demo appears to be in
use by amateurs for making circuit boards, because you can still print out
pcb patterns (Only the Gerber output and postscript printing functions are
disabled on the free version).

It has the interesting facility, where you can import image files (for
example a pdigital photograph of a circuit board) and use it as a
"background" to work on. This makes "reverse engineering" or bringing
existing non-CAD pcb's into Circad much easier, as you can just lay pcb
tracks down over the picture. Then you can take a net-list of this back into
the schematic capture and use it to generate a circuit diagram.

73
Hugh M0WYE