LF: Re: 135.9xx kHz Report from NC

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: 135.9xx kHz Report from NC
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 18:18:29 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dexter McIntyre W4DEX" <[email protected]>
To: "RSGB LF" <[email protected]>; "lowfer"
<[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 12:56 PM
Subject: LF: 135.9xx kHz Report from NC

CT1DRP was again coming into NC last night.  QRN was moderate.  Brian's
signal was first detected at 0000 UT and last seen at 0600 UT.  Best
signal was at about 0340 UT.  Capture posted at:

http://w4dex.com/argo/135khz/03_12_30.jpg

W1TAG and W1VD reported clear copy.

Hi Dex
I am surprised no one is trying xband QSO;S like I did a couple of years
ago. I do not see the point of watching a Beacon every night.
I am interested in someone over your way listening for me on normal hand
sent CW with the possibility of a xband QSO
136/7025 KHZ until some permits are issued your end for 136 khz TX.
I have mentioned this before but no one across in W or VE at present seems
interested.
So far enough observation work has been done each end to know that signals
get across the Atlantic, so a next step would be some QSO'S. Others that I
know think the same way, not interested in Beacons.
Over the Xmas holiday period only one UK station appeared,  the rest have
gone QRT,  most for the reasons specified above.
I am having a lot of fun on the other bands, but if LF dx enthusiasm
sourges I could be encouraged to SWITCH ON
again.
A field full of LF antennas at this QTH just rotting away.

Happy New Year
de Mal/G3KEV