Re: LF: PAYPAL e-mail virus threat

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: PAYPAL e-mail virus threat
From: "Alberto di Bene" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 11:42:30 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Mike Dennison wrote:

This is not really necessary. My copy of Norton has found and stopped the virus every time I have received it. Also, my understanding is that the virus asks you to enter bank details. This is a request that is easily ignored.

It looks like there are two versions of this scam/virus.
The first simply asks you to enter the details of your bank account, which nobody
in his right mind would ever do. The second version, the one with the virus,
asks you to execute an attached program, which is described as a security
measure to avoid that malicious persons (!) could intercept what you are
asked to send while passing on the Internet. This version was duly blocked
by my ISP (usa.net) even before it reached me. I just received the message
with the attachment removed.

73  Alberto  I2PHD