LF: Re: CFH strong

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: CFH strong
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 23:34:16 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Markus, yes it started good here too, but has faded down now (2300z).
Last night CFH was quite good. We have had about 11 days since the last
minor storms and a few days of Kp<4 so I think whilst there is a fair bit of
multipath, the absorption has decreased quite a bit. Also for anyone
interested in MW BC station KN4LF has a comprehensive Propagation Page
covering these frequencies up to top-band.
http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf5.htm
Things certainly do seem to be improving up there too. CFH is still visible
in daytime here but this may just be that the solar radiation is weak on the
path at this time of year and the absorbing material is not building up
during the day. So its leaving a clearer path to the "reflection layer"

Good Luck to any ZL6QH hunters......nothing seen here last night It would
seem that around 0730 might be the best chance in the UK. My loop is
pointing N-S in the vain hope .....

Cheers de Alan G3NYK    JO02PB
[email protected]