Re: LF: XFX

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: XFX
From: "Laurence KL1X" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 10:56:42 -0900
Sender: <[email protected]>
Welcome Eric -

All -

We have temps down to -20C at the moment and the ground continues to cool and freeze - we end up with the ground being frozen to around 1 metre at the end of the winter here in Anchorage.

The "C" is reducing every day and the R tot is going down too with the frozen weather, even with the smaller earth system, which is now under the snow.

So its a "dielectric" property change of wet soggy ground into a frozen sheet that improves the aerial current, save anything thats happening to the trees? Ive seen some notes on why this happens but has anyone got the full answer...

This mornings (pre web update) Aerial currrent is around 4A for around 380W DC input. It was 2.1A at the beginning of the week @ 40F

As a short time test Im streaming "live" audio on the web from the TS870 - both Tx (appx 773.56Hz tone on tx) and Rx noisey background of clattering Loran...

The idea here was to allow nearly real time sync between the start of a character and remote monitoring (give or take a couple hundred Msecs) - the stream is at a slow 8K sec. From your Media Player type in http://24.237.8.95:8080 - make sure you have port 8080 open. Im still playing with this temp facility.

Laurence KL1X/WD2XDW