LF: Strange Signal

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Strange Signal
From: "g3ldo" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 21:58:29 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello LF Group,
I have been sifting through the hundreds of images recorded on my laptop
during my stay in Marrakech.
I had Argo running on record all nights except 17th October (celibrating my
birthday with a bottle of wine and fell asleep!).
The only Amateur signal that I saw was G3AQC although on the night previous
I did record the attached image. There is no information on the signal that
I can detect. It was visible all night with QSB peaking in the image and
later at around 0700UTC. It has slight frequency variation and a sort of
scattering effect. It never apeared again during the two week period. Can
anyone guess what it is?
I wasn't able to record when I was not in the room earlier in the evening.
The reason was the hotel room door was opened with a magnetic strip card,
which was then plugged into a slot to switch the electricity on. I guess I
could have asked for an additional card but as the hotel management had
already responded to my request for a room near the roof and had supplied a
couple of maintenance guys to help me rig the antenna I felt it was a bit
churlish to ask for more.

Regards,
Peter, G3LDO

e-mail <[email protected]>