LF: re.re Solar Activity

To: "LF-Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: re.re Solar Activity
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 11:17:04 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi John, well I would like to be wrong, but you gotta play 'em as you "read
the music" (:-))
Joe's path does seem to be very forgiving. I have noticed before that his
signal is detectable almost regardless of the conditions. That 1000kms less
distance does seem to be quite crucial. When you think about his signal it
does suggest that that the famous Marconi "s" could have been heard for just
the same reason. Using a kite he had to listen in daylight ( you cant
successfully fly kites at night!! ) and heard the signal around "mid-day". I
take it that would have been mid-day Newfoundland time, and at that point
daylight D-layer would have been at about its best. I have yet to find
geomag data for that winter.....NOAA 's archives dont go back that far !!

Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]