LF: Off air

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Off air
From: "Laurence KL1X" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 21:01:19 -0800
Sender: <[email protected]>
XDW was on very much reduced power for a few hours today. A pair of large
male moose (and I do mean Large Sheri says) were fighting in the area of
the tower and pulled over the protective barrier and ripped into the coil.
Sorted and back on air by 0430Z Sat morning, 3.5 A aerial current.
DCF39 is just CW audible at present (0500Z) but fast fade and a strange
warbling sound on the signal - and no I dont mean the FSK!
It looks like XDW will close down from here sometime w/c 24th November as my
move date/location has/have been 95% confirmed. Its had a much longer run
than I thought we'd get, and no signal (so far) reports from Eu arent
dissaspointing me too much - it just states, and gives more creedance the
the difficulty in Tpol paths At LF.
Cheers
ps Saying "shoo" to moose doesnt work.

Laurence KL1X