LF: QSO with YO2IS

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: QSO with YO2IS
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 23:33:38 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear LF Group,

Have not been very active lately on LF, due to extreme busy-ness at work,
and also being laid up for a few days with a bad cold - but I was very
pleased to have a QSO with YO2IS at about 0500utc on Sunday morning, using
QRSS3. Conditions seemed fairly poor, with intense "Luxembourg Effect" noise
cluttering up the waterfall display. I gave Szigy an  "M" report, and
received "O". Distance from IO91VR to KN05PS is 1701km. Szigy informs me
this was the first 2-way G - YO QSO.

Congratulations to G3AQC and CN2PD on their X-band QSO; what with other
things, I was only able to transmit beacon signals for a few hours around
midnight on 22nd/23rd, but I guess these didn't get through.

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU