LF: 136 acty

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: 136 acty
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 17:22:56 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Last nite OK1DWF and YU7AR seen CQ on QRS mode. Both stns good audible sigs with me. They did not appear to work each other at my observation times. Had they been on CW norm mode I would have called but I only use QRS as a last resort. All stns active so far around EU on QRS plus VE,VO and RU6LA, RN6BN and UA9OC are audible with me at Q5, in fact UA9OC was good copy with me earlier on in the year on norm CW when others were struggling on QRS.
The problem with most seems to be RECEIVING, high power TRANSMITTING is one thing but does not help on RX.
Good RX antennas seem rare.
Often several stations are active at the same time especially on QRS calling CQ but seldom reply to one another, or maybe they do not want to work each other!!
de Mal/G3KEV