LF: The N2PK Vector Network Analyzer

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: The N2PK Vector Network Analyzer
From: "Alberto di Bene" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 22:54:48 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
Gentlemen,

 i have found this on another list, and thinking that maybe it could
be of interest for someone of this group, myself included,  I am
forwarding it to this LF community.

73  Alberto  I2PHD

THE N2PK VECTOR NETWORK ANALYZER

This VNA is capable of vector reflection and
transmission This e-mail is to let you know about my
vector network analyzer (VNA) design that you can
build yourself. It's not a kit, but it can be readily
replicated by anyone possessing moderate skills in
surface mount technology. Details follow.
You're receiving this e-mail because either I know
that you have an interest in this project, or I've
been told that you would have an interest, or I'm
guessing that you might have an interest in it.
If I guessed wrong, discard this e-mail and continue
on to your next one. If you like, reply to me to have
your name removed from my e-mail update list.
The list of e-mail recipients will remain hidden to
protect your privacy.

This VNA is capable of vector reflection and
transmission measurements from 0.05 to 60 MHz, with
0.035 Hz frequency resolution, and over 110 dB of
dynamic range. With optional narrowband extensions,
it can function through 500 MHz with some degradation
in performance.

It is a true vector instrument in that it measures
phase as well as the magnitude of an RF signal at
each test frequency.
I think you'll find this instrument to be a relatively
simple design that offers much more capability to
the serious experimenter than can be obtained otherwise
- at least on a budget that is well short of one needed
to buy a new or used HP, Agilent, Anritsu, Wiltron,
or Rohde & Schwarz VNA.

If you wish to learn more about what VNAs can do, my
design, and how to build it, go to my website at:
http://users.adelphia.net/~n2pk/index.html
or simply:
http://users.adelphia.net/~n2pk/

If you know of anyone else that also might be
interested, feel free to forward this e-mail, or just
the URL, to them. If anyone wishes to be added to
my e-mail update list, they can send me an e-mail.
This list will be primarily used for notification of
changes to the website or the documentation contained there.
If you build one, please send me a picture of it, and
I can add it to the website 'gallery', or just let me know.
Thanks for your time.
73,
Paul
N2PK