LF: Loss of Real-time Prop Data

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Loss of Real-time Prop Data
From: "Steve McDonald" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 14:13:54 -0700
Sender: <[email protected]>

I'm relaying this from the European VHF Reflector.
I have also sent a message of support to the following address:

[email protected]

I suspect the more people that voice support the better. It only takes a
moment!

Steve / VE7SL

Hi fellow hams,

From SEC, Bolder Colorado, I received this note:

Thank you for your kind words and for your efforts on SEC's behalf.
Every
note about how you use SEC data and what it would be like to lose our
service will help us in convincing others that we have vital work to
do.

Thank you so much for your support.

I just want to make sure that all of us realize which services are
getting lost. The consequences not only affect the scientific community
- amateur radio is seriously affected too. In Aurora dx communication,
for example, we will have no more solar wind data, no more IMF data, no
more dx analyses refering to actual scientific information, no more
Aurora alarming services etc. etc. - good-bye Aurora amateur
propagation studies, good-bye to the following webpages:

SEC Portal: http://sec.noaa.gov/
Today's Space Weather: http://sec.noaa.gov/today.html
Space Weather Now: http://solar.sec.noaa.gov/SWN/index.html
ACE Solar Wind data: http://sec.noaa.gov/ace/ACErtsw_home.html
Auroral Activity Report: http://solar.sec.noaa.gov/pmap/index.html
Planetary K Index: http://sec.noaa.gov/rt_plots/kp_3d.html
and many more scientific information accessed by thousands of radio
amateurs ....

Is this what you want to have? If not, read the above message from
Bolder again ...

73,
Volker (DF5AI)