LF: Wd2XDW beacon off later this week and Mexican receive event

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Wd2XDW beacon off later this week and Mexican receive event
From: "Laurence KL1X" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 14:35:55 -0800
Sender: <[email protected]>

WD2XDW CW/QRSS120 137.77350 Khz 400W Anchorage beacon will be off air from +- 0001Z 27th October 2003 Until advised.

The owner is getting married on the 28th Sept (Z time) in the house and doesnt want the 81dBa fan noise/HP transformer hum to obscure the "I do" bit.

Thats unless there is a sudden and huge 137 Khz opening to W East coast and or ZL or Europe in which case I might postpone the marriage (only kidding Sheri)

Ill advise when the beacon is back on, likely 29th

Mexican receive expedtion

KL1X will be operational listening part time from the Pacific coast of Mexico from 30th Sept till 8th October during mutually dark Pacfic and East coast and Europe periods (when he can get away with it).

Its likely that operations will be /mobile to get out into a quieter location. Will monitor with 4 Argo windows - DCF39, 137.777, 137.780 and 137,7726-137,7746 Khz all dot 60 using "ears" and Argo per the other times. Receive will be an L400 Eprobe, FT817, Dell with tri mag mount on an Avis rent-a-car.....the car with the mag mount/L400 does look a bit sinister so if I get arrested....

Laurence, Snowy Hilled Anchorage KL1X

Instant message in style with MSN Messenger 6.0. Download it now FREE! http://msnmessenger-download.com