LF: ZL6QH report

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: ZL6QH report
From: "Jay Rusgrove" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 19:03:28 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
Bob

Unfortunately, no joy here in CT. Looking forward to the test in December.

Jay Rusgrove, W1VD

Vernall wrote:

Hi all,

I've just returned home from an night at Quartz Hill.  The beacon operation
was good from a transmission point of view, no time lost from before ZL6QH
sunset to well after sunrise.  The DDS exciter with 0.42 Hz shift was used
throughout.  We could have been up to 0.1 Hz high in carriers but a
reception report suggests we were close to our notified frequencies.  Timing
of the start of each Q was within 3 seconds of ideal "on the hour" startup,
and each ten minutes thereafter.

We copped a bad storm before dawn but it did not cause any problem for the
beacon.

We will next look through posted Argo pics, provisionally Laurence K1LX is
best DX for last night.

European amateurs could also try and work ZL6QH in the HF WAE contest.

73, Bob