LF: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re. WD2XDW Beacon

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re. WD2XDW Beacon
From: "Dave Pick" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 08:09:20 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
True indeed.

But without the beacon tests we wouldn't know whether a QSO was possible or
when was the best time to try for one.
When I first started on LF G3XTZ had a QRP beacon on 24/7 which I could
barely detect. After a series of incremental improvements I had it solid 57.
It gives people a signal to listen for and therefore encourages activity
(receive activity, maybe, but activity of some kind!).

73
Dave G3YXM

----- Original Message ----- From: "captbrian" <[email protected]>