Re: LF: Re: 500m drums of coax dipole

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: 500m drums of coax dipole
From: "Stewart Bryant" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2003 17:15:45 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
But compared to 2000m the 10 to 20m that most folks manage is still
small.

As I write this I look out at the farmers field behind my new house
reasonably high on the north downs. Perhaps I should take a reel of
cable down the edge of his field, and through the woods beyond.
I could not manage a dipole, but perhaps it is worth trying one of the
grounded at both ends, on the ground, loops that were talked about
in the early days.

Can anyone remember what sort of length one needs to start with?

Stewart G3YSX

captbrian wrote:
Is there the slightest evidence that 136 propagates  (propogates?) by
scatter or reflection.? I assume most of a 2" high dipole radiation goes
straight up to Mars.

Bryan