LF: Radials

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Radials
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 18:12:16 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Like I have said in the past many times radials are useful but some go overboard about their contribution to the radiated signal on LF. I use several insulated radials fanned around the base to my vertical system, hundreds are not necessary.
The secret is to get as many top loading wires displayed around the top of a vertical as possible and separated by many feet/metres as possible and not a few inches/mm. My 4 inv L antennas have a separation of 90 degs around the tower. Each horiz leg is about 400 ft long. This is old hat to the experienced LF amateur.

73 de Mal/G3KEV