LF: Re: BBC R4 LW "Frequency Standard"

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: BBC R4 LW "Frequency Standard"
From: "Hugh M0WYE" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 16:21:03 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Alan, Group,
Interesting article about BBC R4 LW.

Does the fact that there are multiple transmitters on this frequency have
any bearing on those who might use the 198kHz signal as a propagation
indicator outside of the UK ?

Presumably the interference pattern ("mush area") extends way beyond our
shores, and someone monitoring, say in the 'States might receive a weak
signal, not because there was no propagation, but because the two
transmitters happened to be in cancellation.

I assume the signals that we might use for reference, such as DCF39, have
only one source.

73
Hugh M0WYE