Re: LF: WD2XDW 137.77350 nominal

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: WD2XDW 137.77350 nominal
From: "flo flo" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 10:06:35 -0800
Sender: <[email protected]>

Thanks Joe and to others - beacon remains on at "nominal", around 250 Watts input at the moment. My web site is down till around 0300Z Friday when I get the PC back, but the front page shows the state of the beacon and a times Argo capture of the transmission..

Beacon hasnt been seen on the West coast to my South at the moment but the skies are still sort of grey at midnite, but "night" is increasing at nearly 6 mins daily.

Modifications to the existing grant are in the OET FCC database - must check this morning to make sure my keystrokes here equals the FCC's there.

Changes are a) additional frequency windows so I can place myself in optimum "quiet" frequencies away from Loran spurs b) Emission bandwidth statements to 100Hz allowing CW id at reasonable speeds and maintining Part 5 regs ref station id c) permission to communicate with co channel Part 5 stations for data interchange looking at path variations in the time and frequency domains at "known ERP" levels (you send a bit of info and I send a bit of info we look strength, phase, etc) - Im hoping this is backed by the FCC but will have to work with others Part 5 grantees/Applicantees if they ask for more info.

d) and no means least permission to communicate with co channeled amatuer radio stations involved in path analysis experimentation on the Internationally accepted 136Khz band where my allocated grant frequencies/modesmatch. Yep I know Im licenced as an expermental service and hams are something different licence wise, and we may have to work with the DTI etc to seek permission to communicate with non ham stations...

- I expect d's going to be a no no but if you dont ask....and you have to start somewhere.

More detailed experimental quotes and reasons for the request is on the OET FCC web site or I can send you the word doc explaining my reasoning.

Laurence KL1X overcast Anchorage