LF: Re: Re: SAQ

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re: SAQ
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 17:59:35 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Andrews" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 8:27 PM
Subject: LF: Re: SAQ

>I resonated my 90m loop for the event whereas others probably used odd
bits
of wire and hoped for the best!!!!! Perhaps they will tell us if this is
incorrect. <

It is occasionally useful to suggest to the newer readers of this
reflector
that despite the advice given by G3KEV, significant fun and useful
knowledge
may be had by LF experimenters who have neither a large wallet or a large
amount of real estate.

Hi John
Lots of real estate is not necessary for a 100 ft vertical antenna, about
6ft x 6ft concrete base but the average telescopic tower base is about 1 sq
ft. and does not require guys for wire antennas. One insulated radial
running around the garden enclosure will work well. against a base loaded or
gamma matched mast.

You may not attain his level of success and
proficiency, but you can certainly have an enjoyable time while possibly
making some contribution to the art.

If you are happy with you crystal set why change.
Any radio amateur serious about LF activities needs a farm or ranch of some
G3KEV

John Andrews, W1TAG