LF: Re: Re: Re.Well,well,well

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re: Re.Well,well,well
From: "Hugh M0WYE" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 11:10:08 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Group,

Johan wrote:
My signal was "armchair copy" at 100km with only 4 watts of output power.

What effect does the LF RF have on the water ?

Well,  there are some products on the market, which claim to reduce
lime-scale in pipes by applying an RF field (or sometimes just a magnetic
field) to the incoming cold water pipe. (And often cause widespread RFI to
the HF band). I THINK they are supposed to work by changing the way the
crystals of calcium carbonate form ... but I am dubious about their
efficacy.

I know of one HFer near here who uses a deep well as part of his ground
system and that works well for him, so I wish you well with your deep-dipole
antenna experiment.

73
Hugh M0WYE