RE: LF: 4060 Divider

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: LF: 4060 Divider
From: [email protected]
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 16:22:43 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
It is interesting to note that addition of a cooling fin could extend the
operational voltage,
suggest you check some different manufacturers, like Texas and Motorola, since
they often specify
CMOS devices for higher voltages than usual. Checked the 74HC4066 which one manufacturer spec'd up to above 12V

One problem with the 4020, 4024, 4040 and 4060-type dividers may be that they sometimes don't count properly on the higher frequency side, so you must adjust the input or use another xtal for the desired o/p, this is particularly true if you try to modify the division factor

73
Jan-Martin
LA8AK http://home.online.no/~la8ak