Re: LF: T/A QSO with VO1NA

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: T/A QSO with VO1NA
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 08:14:53 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>

----- Original Message -----
From: <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2003 8:32 PM

Actually the time the LF band has been avaible and serious TA work
we have been into a high sun spot cycle. As this is going down toward the
next peak in 8/9 year I would think that propagation should improve

perhaps Mal will realize the goal of TA, manual CW .
I hope the FCC will realize their mistake by then

Hi Bob

Some think that propogation on LF ends during the summer, and this is
incorrect.
I have worked some good long haul DX on 160 metres during the summer time
and I am sure the same applies to 136 khz.
During summer the QRN seems to be a problem for some and they give up.
I am looking for normal CW qso's across the Atlantic having worked several
of the QRS variety to both the USA and Canada, xband with my signal on
135.922 khz and the other end on 7025 khz. I did work John/ VE1ZJ at QRS2
which is almost normal cw with solid copy. I was on 135.922 khz and John on
7025 khz, he was not set up at the time to RX normal aural cw otherwise it
would have been possible, and he was unable to TX on 136 otherwise a normal
CW qso could have taken place a long time ago.
My best CW qso to date was G3KEV/RN6BN 579/539 on 137 khz at 2139
utc/04/05/2003, solid copy throughout the qso at nearly 3000 K/metres. His
signal is always audible with me and this qso could easily be repeated.
73 de Mal/G3KEV/IO94SH/Scarborough/England

HAR

Bob  K3DJC