LF: BEACONS

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: BEACONS
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 09:15:45 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
    It would solve a lot of problems if we get back to 135.99 +/- for Beacon and other slow and very slow transmissions and leave the 137.7 khz area for two way QRS QSO'S preferably QRS 3 and on the odd occassion when necessary a suitable speed to acheive a QSO, maybe faster or slower.
Recently 137.770 freq area has been a complete shambles with several transmissions simultaneously in beacon mode all at 60 sec dot length and very close together generating other frequencies, resulting in considerable frequency spread.
I imagine there could be difficulties even at a distanct location trying to resolve and identify anyone in the mess.
73 de Mal/G3KEV