Re: LF: Propagation conditions 20/21st

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Propagation conditions 20/21st
From: "james moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 12:26:28 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear Laurence, LF Group,

Transmitted last night on 137.7728kHz from about 2145 - 0430, as I have
been on previous couple of nights - have had problems sending e-mail for
the last few days. Also visible were good signals from RN6BN, RU6LA, and
CT1DRP throughout the night. I will be QRV again tonight, but will be away
for the next few days - good luck for the rest of your expedition.

Re: the DCF39 carrier - I recorded samples of DCF39, followed by DLF on
153kHz, using Argo in 60s mode - see attachment. The two signals are
roughly similar in frequency and path - the spreading of the DCF39 signal
is clear in this comparison. It might be interesting to try the same thing
in Ghana, allthough there is an Algerian BC station on 153kHz which might
be a problem - perhaps that is what the weaker trace about 0.1Hz below DLF
is.

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU

JPEG image