LF: CFH Alert

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: CFH Alert
From: "John Andrews" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 22:18:45 +0100
Cc: [email protected]
Sender: <[email protected]>
I ran an all-day capture of VE3OT's "MP" beacon on 137.780 kHz today. While
observing the captures from my work site, I noticed that the receiver went
very deaf around 1400 UTC. On arriving home, I was greeted with an awful
racket, and on tuning around, found a very loud FSK station below Mitch's
frequency. By the signal strength, it can only be CFH, and the frequencies
on my Argo screen are 137.038 and 136.961 kHz. This is NOT good news if
we're going to get a ham band down here!

I'll be out this evening, but I wonder if any of you on this side of the
pond could DF the station and confirm my observations. If Joe, VO1NA, is
around, his receiver should be melting down.

John Andrews, W1TAG