LF: Re: CFH Alert

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: CFH Alert
From: [email protected]
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 02:24:30 EDT
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi John and Alan,

yes, I can confirm having seen CFH on 136.962/137.038 kHz from about 23:10 till QRT at 23:59 UT. When it is active, it must be much more of a problem than DCF39 is for us: DCF is a clean carrier more than a kHz above our band, except for FSK bursts once in every 10s. At my location 350 km south of it, the only real difficulty is strong nighttime Luxembourg effect impressed on it predominantly by 1323 kHz and 549 kHz BC transmitters. It is visible as blue patches in the background of the image.

73 de Markus, DF6NM

JPEG image