Re: LF: Re: SIE? (Sudden Ionospheric Enhancement)

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: SIE? (Sudden Ionospheric Enhancement)
From: "Laurence J Howell" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 15:43:30 -0800
Sender: <[email protected]>

Alan  - Yep May - Im wishing my life away; I love the way this band
produces oddities. My favorite on Argo is the "circle" where a seemingly
phase stable signal from Loran decides to split into 2, some millihertz
apart low and high of the mean freq,  and produces a near perfect circle as
it migrates away and then recombines into a single freq again over a minute
or so. The other are "blobs" - As Ive raised the aerial upto over 100ft the
man made stuff is reducing and Im seeing more real radio (perhaps!)...I
wonder how much of the blobs and weird other indeterminates are natural
radio? Ive added Mitch OT and VO1NA to my Argo screen captures on the web
site making a total of 4 now. Im going to check the HAARP site for the SIE
event and see if there was something more local happening. Laurence KL1X
Anchorage
http://www.kl1x.com - Hazy from Siberian forest fires...65F