LF: re Flares

To: "LF-Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: re Flares
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 09:59:28 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Laurence thanks for the report. Your results mirror mine for daytime
flare activity. As the "active ingredient" is EM radiation the effect is
only felt in the daylight hemisphere. We were in darkness over the T/A path
to CFH so nothing shows on that. Last night the path to CFH opened a lot
later for just about 2 hours, but levels were better. I expect that
propagation conditions will be knocked back in about 3 days time when the
CME from that flare arrives. Depending on the direction of its magnetic
field it could be good for a major storm (Kp= 7 or higher). If so that will
really depress conditions again for some time.

Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]