LF: RE: Frustration!

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: Frustration!
From: "G4WGT" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 20:09:35 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Ian & All

***********

Ian, MI0AYZ wrote :-

   Put loading coil outside last Friday and got an immediate
worthwhile increase in antenna current. Ever suspicious, checked it with the
rough-cut plywood panels for its rightful home chocked perilously round it
and all well.
Finished box yesterday except for antenna access and waterproofing so got
stuck in today to finish job by lining with 'turkey foil' and sealing
antenna entry point.

**************

This weekend I had to evict the LF coils (XYL's idea) from the small
greenhouse ready for the flowers, hanging baskets & tomato's etc, so I was
stuck for somewere to keep the coils, no room in shack ! therefore a trip to
the local DIY stores revealed what I thought was a suitable outside store
for the coils etc. I purchased a small garden tool storage unit from the
local B & Q DIY store for £24.99, it is a long low box shape with the
opening on top but I have placed it on end so it is upright with the door
now at the front not the top.

Have a look at www.wgtaylor.talkgas.net\coilcabinet.jpg & see what you
think.

Still requires some mods for feeder & antenna to go in.

73

Gary G4WGT

---