Re: LF: The Mystery of the Missing Amps..

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: The Mystery of the Missing Amps..
From: "Dick Rollema" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 09:46:22 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear Ian,

I cannot offer you an explanation.
But to find out in which conductors earth current flows I use a home made clamp-on type of ammeter. It was described in  Pat Hawker's Technical Topics in RadCom, October 1992. The probe was designed for the HF bands so calibration will not be correct on 136 or 73 kHz. But the device is still useful to compare currents in the conductors concerned.

Of course by using a toroid with higher permeability the current probe could be made suitable for LF and calibrated along the lines indicated in TT.

73, Dick, PA0SE