Re: LF: The Mystery of the Missing Amps..

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: The Mystery of the Missing Amps..
From: "Tom Boucher" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 08:20:52 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Ian

I can't offer any explanation but I have had similar a unexplained
reduction in antenna current when the grounding system was apparently
improved. I took about 50 feet of mains 3 core to a 2 ft square piece of
aluminium sheet which I threw into the pond, much to the disgust of the
resident Golden Orf and Koi.
Needless to say, that was an experiment which was abandoned. Anyway the
XYL didn't think much of the cable draped across the lawn, so it was a
non starter, although I suppose I could have buried it.

73, Tom G3OLB