LF: Who stole the amps?

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Who stole the amps?
From: "Tom Boucher" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 07:45:07 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Ian

A pretty obvious point really, but are you sure the output power of your
amplifier is not varying due to impedance changes as you alter the
grounding? i.e. A mismatch is causing output power to drop.

I had some very strange effects when I used to tune for maximum current
instead of matching to 50 ohms. Now I have a 50 ohm SWR bridge from the
Tx LPF and this goes to a simple series loading variometer. Results are
a lot more predictable and I haven't blown a FET in about 2 years!

73, Tom G3OLB