Re: LF: Argo + Question for Alan Melia

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Argo + Question for Alan Melia
From: "Jay Rusgrove" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 11:53:55 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
Mike

I like your suggestions for Argo. Although the changes would be nice, I can't
blame Alberto if he doesn't want to spend his time making a fix for "operator
induced errors"!

Alan

John Andrews and I have noticed an interesting phenomena with CT1DRPs signal
this winter. We get an early reception window with a strong peak in his signal
strength about 0230 - 0300 GMT. His signal then fades out (completely sometimes)
and reappears at 0430 GMT and is in for the duration. This seems to be a very
consistent pattern. Any thoughts?

Jay Rusgrove, W1VD

Mike Dennison wrote:

> Forgot to hit the "Start" button last night - DOH! -so no report this AM.
> I've noticed others have had this happen from time to time. Wonder if
Alberto
> could find a "fix" for this...
> Jay Rusgrove, W1VD

Yes, I have done this. You set the directory (folder for modern chaps),
filename and timing, push Enter and expect it to start capturing without
pushing the 'start' button. There are of course occasions when you would not
want to immediately start the captures, but perhaps a box could come up
asking whether you want to start capturing straight away. If would also help
if, when changing QRSS speed with capture on, the software prompted for a
change in capture timing (eg "Do you want to re-set the capture rate to one
screenful?").

These are, of course, only suggestions to be implemented (or not) when
Alberto has the time and enthusiasm. They are not intended as criticism of
this most useful and very reasonably priced software.

Mike, G3XDV
http://www.lf.thersgb.net