Re: LF: Re: Important sperimantal revision of ohm's law

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Important sperimantal revision of ohm's law
From: "Laurence J Howell" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 13:54:19 -0800
Sender: <[email protected]>
Alberto di Bene <[email protected]> Sent by: [email protected] 04/22/2003 01:14 PM Any replies will be addressed to: rsgb_lf_group To: [email protected] cc: Subject: LF: Re: Important sperimantal revision of ohm's law

Ted Hart apparently wrote :

> The relative phase relationship between current and voltage thru and
on a resistor can be any value.

> What the text books say is that a resistor does not change the phase
relative to the current applied to it.
> It is the duty of a capacitor and inductor to change the phase of the
current thru them,
> the capacitor causes the current to lead, the inductor to lag.
> Let me say that again - a resistor does not change the phase of the
current flowing thru it,
> but it will accept any arbitray phase of the current relative to the
voltage.
> [...]

Hmmmm, I must investigate which kind of grass does grow where that Ted
Hart lives....
It could make a pleasant smoking   :-)

73  Alberto  I2PHD

I agree - what happens is the resistor is a large fraction of a wavelength
long!
Smoking Pure resistance isnt easy... You have to enhale in phase....
Laurence