LF: 136 last Sat.

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: 136 last Sat.
From: "Ian Kyle" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 13:40:13 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
At around 2230z last Saturday I copied " ....AYZ  M  LA K" in QRSS3 on Eds
frequency after he had sent "PSE 10" and I had called him in that mode. I
acknowledged his report and sent him a report of 'OO' but failed to get an
ack in return.
However at 3185 Km this is by far the best DX report I have managed so far,
and would indicate that at QRSS10, VO1 is not outside the bounds of
possibility.
This, plus the fact that there is no way I shall be able to get the tower
and VHF/UHF beams up this summer, has encouraged me to think again about
continuing on 136 next winter. But first a rebuild of the 'dogbox' will be
necessary. Reason?
Blasted cats! The polythene sheet waterproofing of the existing structure
was found to have grown a number of small punctures, with the result that
the plywood lid is now pretty wet and antenna current down a bit, because a
couple of scrofulous moggies are using it as a launch pad to get access to
the garage roof as a love tryst.
Just wait till they try sharpening their claws on the insulator while the
key is down.
No one told me that LF operations would include pest control.

Ian MI0AYZ

Come to think of it, wasn't there an instance of "Kitten on the Keys" a
while back, with references to Schrodinger?