LF: RE: Re: RE: Re: Amidon Cores (slightly diverging from topic)

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: Re: RE: Re: Amidon Cores (slightly diverging from topic)
From: "Ashlock,William" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 13:25:19 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
Mal,

Hi Bill. I cannot wait much longer so pse hurry up with those big signals.
My loop is in your direction, so between the loop and the vertical system I
think I should hear you, hopefully the wind will be in the right
direction!!

Yes, and luckily, the loop at this end is pointed in the right direction,
AND fire department is on retainer.

All signals so far that have appeared on 136 khz, most distant being UA9OC
am able to hear at good working cw strength.

The 1w ERPers (well, so they measure <G>) are making it over here on QRSS,
so the planned 1w ERP 100w loop, hopefully  should make it as well ('wave
angle effect' is a TBD). In less than a month I will install the expanded
loop and will begin ERP tests at 136k at much reduced power. Fortunately we
can operate anywhere in the LF spectrum with 17.5uv/m at 300m (approx 300uw
input to loop) and this should be sufficient for far field measurements.
Look forward to a LF qso with you.

Ditto (in spite of our differences in opinions on loops)!

Bill A

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by the WorldCom Internet Managed
Scanning Service - powered by MessageLabs. For further information visit
http://www.worldcom.com